Come and Learn: Scott Simenson, Engineering & Fab Lab* Director at Century Community College, will share how you can use 3D Printing and other Digital Technologies to increase your ability to innovate product concepts and build prototypes. Scott will focus on how these tools can help you:
- Integrate new technologies, such as Simulation, AI, Robotics and Automation, into your inventions and innovations
- Build prototypes with greater speed/flexibility and lower cost with newer and faster 3D printing capacity - Especially at the FabLab
- Increase awareness of technology breakthroughs impacting manufacturing
- Leverage these technologies to expand “what is possible” to increase innovation success
Scott will present the case for why inventors and organizational leaders need to understand these new technologies. And how linking these information technologies with innovation and manufacturing can allow inventors to source components and products at lower costs and higher quality.
Speaker Background: Scott Simenson has more than 30 years technology experience, from technology research and application to microcomputing/processing to today’s high-tech automation/AI and robotics technologies. Simenson’s interest in computing and manufacturing, combined with partnership opportunities with MIT and other global Fab Lab members contributed the vision and development of the Fab Lab at Century College.
As Engineering and FabLab Director, Simenson has also helped Century College develop a new Additive and Digital Manufacturing degree that prepares students to work as applied digital technologists in 3D printing, manufacturing control, automation systems and work in the rapidly growing IoT (Internet of Everything) field. The level of success achieved can be measured by the College’s recently completed a new $1.1M digital laboratory designed to support new college programs in Additive and Digital Manufacturing.
Who should attend:
- Product Inventors
- New Product Innovators/Entrepreneurs
- New Business Startups